Delonghi - Ripped off by Delongi

I purchased the Delonghi Pinguino portable AC 12,500 btu unit at Costco today for close to 400.00.What a hassle it was to bring the unit home and lug it up my staircase.

I finally put the unit together. I discover the exhaust hose was 12 inches long (way too short) and would not reach my window (just a regular window). I called Delonghi customer service who stated the unit was supposed to come with a 3 feet hose. The company obviously packaged the wrong hose with the unit.

I was told the company would mail me the correct hose. I was willing to wait for the hose. I asked the obvious, confirming I would not have to pay for any shipping. She told me they will not pay the shipping and I would need to pay for the shipping.

WHAT??? I PAID to have the correct hose when purchasing the unit. Why is the customer paying for their mistake? I said 'forget it..

I'm returning this to Costco'.

So here I go again with all the hassle to take this unit back to Costco!This company is ripping customers off!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 20 #1175596 Woburn, Massachusetts

I believe the hose that came with the unit is correct. I just purchased a similar unit (14000 btu) at Costco and just finished setting it up. The 12" inch hose is collapsed like an accordion and can be stretched out to the 3 feet that you require to vent it out the window.

0 0 Reply

Jun 17 #1174344

Mine came with the same flexible hose - The hose stretches out like a slinky to 3 feet when you pull it!

1 0 Reply

Jun 04 #1168855

I bought the same unit from Costco and it too had a 1-foot hose. Instead of losing my mind and calling the company, I pulled the hose from both ends, thus extending it to 3-feet. Not rocket science folks!!!!!

2 0 Reply

May 02 #1153273

Costco has a great return policy, and would, I am sure, either refund directly or exchange the unit.

0 0 Reply

May 18, 2014 #816525 Granada Hills, California

hello....the hose that comes with that unit is expandable....just grab both ends and stretch will be 3 feet long when you finish.......

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.