I purchased the Delonghi Pinguino portable AC 12,500 btu unit at Costco today for close to 400.00.What a hassle it was to bring the unit home and lug it up my staircase.
I finally put the unit together. I discover the exhaust hose was 12 inches long (way too short) and would not reach my window (just a regular window). I called Delonghi customer service who stated the unit was supposed to come with a 3 feet hose. The company obviously packaged the wrong hose with the unit.
I was told the company would mail me the correct hose. I was willing to wait for the hose. I asked the obvious, confirming I would not have to pay for any shipping. She told me they will not pay the shipping and I would need to pay for the shipping.
WHAT??? I PAID to have the correct hose when purchasing the unit. Why is the customer paying for their mistake? I said 'forget it..
I'm returning this to Costco'.
So here I go again with all the hassle to take this unit back to Costco!This company is ripping customers off!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delonghi Pinguino Portable Ac
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "Hey, Carl's Jr- are you adding appetizers to your menu, but you forgot to tell the public? After hours in traffic I decided not to cook tonight so I..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."