I purchased the Delonghi Pinguino portable AC 12,500 btu unit at Costco today for close to 400.00.What a hassle it was to bring the unit home and lug it up my staircase.
I finally put the unit together. I discover the exhaust hose was 12 inches long (way too short) and would not reach my window (just a regular window). I called Delonghi customer service who stated the unit was supposed to come with a 3 feet hose. The company obviously packaged the wrong hose with the unit.
I was told the company would mail me the correct hose. I was willing to wait for the hose. I asked the obvious, confirming I would not have to pay for any shipping. She told me they will not pay the shipping and I would need to pay for the shipping.
WHAT??? I PAID to have the correct hose when purchasing the unit. Why is the customer paying for their mistake? I said 'forget it..
I'm returning this to Costco'.
So here I go again with all the hassle to take this unit back to Costco!This company is ripping customers off!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delonghi Pinguino Portable Ac
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "Ordered online through Haggar.com what I thought would be quick & easy. Received wrong item first time, called & made arrangements for them to reship. Returned wrong item via..."
- "Hey, Carl's Jr- are you adding appetizers to your menu, but you forgot to tell the public? After hours in traffic I decided not to cook tonight so I..."
- "Horrible customer service! I've had to contact them several times withing the first year of service because our cable kept dropping. After the first year was up, I didn't want..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."